Monday, April 6, 2009

Salt & Pepper Potato Crisps


So I recently found out I had an ulcer and have been experimenting with different foods to find things that aren't irritating. Potatoes work, but they get boring after awhile. I found this recipe on Foodgawker.com this morning and gave it a shot.


Potatoes
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 400. Slice potatoes very thin. A mandolin would work best so they are even! Spread on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, turn and sprinkle with salt & pepper (I added a little seasoned salt too). Bake for another 5 minutes or until crisp.


The finished product....they were actually really good! Very crispy and crunchy. I would cut down the initial baking time to 10 minutes, then flip and bake another 10 minutes, just to even the browning a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment