Monday, March 2, 2009

Depression Cooking with Clara


Depression Cooking is a very cute video series starring 93 year-old Clara showing how to cook some of her family's meals from the 1930s. I love how she cuts everything right in her hand. That's how my grandma did it, too. I'm not sure I need to rush and make any of these meals right now, but in another year we may all be needing Clara's advice! I've watched about 3 of them so far and they're definitely worth a few minutes of your time.
You can find all of the episodes on the Depression Cooking page on YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. Freakish, I just watched one of Clara's you tube thingys last night! She reminded me of my grandma too. I watched the poor man's feast-can't imagine cooking meat in that much olive oil, but the salad looked like a good idea. And really, the meat was probably good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten to that one yet. I watched the Poorman's meal (potato and onion hash w/sliced hot dogs!) and she used quite a bit of oil in that one, too. I'm sure that helped you get through yet another meal with mostly potatoes!

    ReplyDelete